Wednesday, August 7, 2013

NARS Orgasm Blush Review

I'm pretty sure everyone and their mother have heard about this cult status blush. 
This blush has been one of their most top-selling products and was awarded by Sephora as "Best Blush" for three consecutive years and was dubbed by Instyle as the "Best blush for fair skin to medium skin" for their 2013 "Best Beauty Buys!! NARS even made a whole Orgasm collection that features a lipgloss, illuminator, nailpolish, multiple stick, and of course, the iconic blush. 

Want to know what the hype is all about?
READ MORE! :) 

Quick diclaimer: I've  had this for a while now that's why the box isn't with me also the plastic thing inside the blush! 

On the NARS website, it is described as


Peachy pink with golden shimmer




PACKAGING:
This comes in a rubberized case with the NARS logo on it which feels very nice but this also means that the blush particles can stick easily on it. That being said, it might cause the packaging to look dirty after some time. 



(can you see the gold shimmer on the rim?? That's the packaging issue I was talking about)

COLOR:
The NARS description fits it perfectly. It a warm peachy pink blush with golden shimmer in it. Although I find that the color when used a blush varies depending on the undertone of an individual. I find that this turns more peachy to warm-skinned ladies and more pink to cooler-skinned ladies but definitely still warm because of the golden shimmer. 

FORMULA:
 It is finely milled blush and it blends easily onto the skin. This blush is also very buildable, which may be the reason why most women find this as a universally flattering shade. 


FINAL THOUGHTS
I like this blush but not inlove with it :( It's perfect for those nights where you want to look really glammed up. Personally, I wouldn't really use this blush for everyday because the shimmer is overpowering! I tend to build this blush up because a thin layer of it would just mean gold shimmer on the apples of my cheeks and for an oily-skinned girl like me, that's definitely not my cup of tea. But that's just me! The good thing about the shimmer in this blush is when it hits your cheekbones, it can really give you that highlighted effect! 


I think this blush would have different reviews on different people since it's just really about personal preference! I just wanted to give my two cents :) This isn't cult status for nothing!

You can get this at any NARS counter! 
PRICE: Php 1450.00
In the Philippines, this is available at Rustan's! 

Keeping up with your everyday ritual, 

A Araneta
xx








No comments:

Post a Comment